Welcome to Indonesia Water Portal! When you use our products and services, you're agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
The mission of Indonesia Water Portal is to help young international talent to discover career opportunities in the global water sector. To achieve our mission, we make services available, online through our website and offline through events, to give you a unique insight into the international water.
1.2. Scope and Intent
When you use Indonesia Water Portal, you are entering into a legal agreement and you agree to all of these terms. You agree that by registering on Indonesia Water Portal, or by using our website, or participating in Indonesia Water Portal events, or other information provided as part of the Indonesia Water Portal services (collectively “Indonesia Water Portal” or the “Services”), you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Indonesia Water Portal, Olympia 1A, 1213 NS Hilversum, the Netherlands (“we,” “us,” “our,” and “Indonesia Water Portal”) based on the terms of this Indonesia Water Portal User Agreement, and become a Indonesia Water Portal member (“Member”). If you are using Indonesia Water Portal on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are nevertheless individually bound by this Agreement even if your company has a separate agreement with us.
2. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
2.1. Applicable laws and this Agreement
You must comply with all applicable laws and this Agreement, as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice, and the policies and processes explained in Section 10 (DOs and DON’Ts).
2.2. License and warranty for your submissions to Indonesia Water Portal
You own the information you provide Indonesia Water Portal under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, you grant Indonesia Water Portal a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to Indonesia Water Portal, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and/or data to the services, you submit to Indonesia Water Portal, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss. By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. It is your responsibility to keep your Indonesia Water Portal profile information accurate and updated.
2.3. Service Eligibility
To be eligible to use the Service, you must either have been given a Indonesia Water Portal membership invitation by one of the Indonesia Water Portal Community Managers OR you must be a representative of a company/organisation that has an active Indonesia Water Portal Subscription Agreement. In addition, you warrant that you (1) are not currently restricted from the Services, or not otherwise prohibited from having a Indonesia Water Portal account, (2) are not a competitor of Indonesia Water Portal or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with Indonesia Water Portal; (3) will only maintain one Indonesia Water Portal account at any given time; (4) will use your real name and only provide accurate information to Indonesia Water Portal; (5) have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (6) will not violate any rights of Indonesia Water Portal or third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and (7) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, mobile access, and internet access necessary to use the Services.
2.4. Your Membership
The profile you create on Indonesia Water Portal will become part of Indonesia Water Portal and except for the information that you license to us is owned by Indonesia Water Portal. However, between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) keep your password secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use your account; (3) not use other’s accounts; (4) not sell, trade, or transfer your Indonesia Water Portal account to another party; and (5) not charge anyone for access to any portion of Indonesia Water Portal, or any information therein. Further, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. To close your account, please email your request to admin@myIndonesia Water Portal.com.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (1) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (2) any content you submit to the Services, and (3) any activity in which you engage on or through Indonesia Water Portal.
2.6. Notifications and Service Messages
For purposes of service messages and notices about the Services, Indonesia Water Portal may place a banner notice across its pages to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to this Agreement. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from Indonesia Water Portal to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that Indonesia Water Portal may communicate with you through your Indonesia Water Portal account or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the postal service about your Indonesia Water Portal account or services associated with Indonesia Water Portal. Please review your Account Preferences to control what kind of messages you receive from Indonesia Water Portal. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to do so maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Service.
2.7. User-to-User Communication and Sharing (Indonesia Water Portal Groups, Personal Profiles, etc.)
Indonesia Water Portal offers various forums such as Indonesia Water Portal Groups and Personal Profiles where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics. Indonesia Water Portal also enables sharing of information by allowing users to post updates, including links to news articles and other information such as job opportunities and other content to their profile and other parts of the site, such as Indonesia Water Portal Groups. Indonesia Water Portal members can create Indonesia Water Portal Groups for free, however, Indonesia Water Portal, at its sole discretion, may close or transfer Indonesia Water Portal Groups, or remove content from them if the content violates this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights. Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Members, and Indonesia Water Portal cannot guarantee that other Members will not use the ideas and information that you share on Indonesia Water Portal. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to any (non-private) Indonesia Water Portal Group, in your Personal Profile, or elsewhere on Indonesia Water Portal. Indonesia Water Portal is not responsible for another’s misuse or misappropriation of any content or information you post on Indonesia Water Portal.
Your privacy is a top priority to Indonesia Water Portal. Indonesia Water Portal does not share, sell or member mailing lists (including alumni email addresses) with outside corporations or organizations, except for those that have business or contractual relationships with Indonesia Water Portal. Any third parties who receive member information are prohibited from using or sharing member information for any purpose other than offering or providing approved services to members.
Indonesia Water Portal takes reasonable precautions to assure overall system security by monitoring security issues and industry trends, to protect the privacy of Indonesia Water Portal members and secure the personal information available through the Indonesia Water Portal website. All areas of Indonesia Water Portal that contain private information are housed on a secure server using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
Indonesia Water Portal access is password-protected to allow access only to registered/invited Indonesia Water Portal members. Although these precautions should help to protect any personal information available through the Indonesia Water Portal website from abuse or outside interference, a certain degree of privacy risk is faced any time information is shared over the Internet. You acknowledge that your submission of any information, statements, data, and content to us is voluntary on your part.
2.13. Contributions to Indonesia Water Portal
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, or proposals ("Contributions") to Indonesia Water Portal through its suggestion or feedback webpages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) Indonesia Water Portal is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) Indonesia Water Portal shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) Indonesia Water Portal may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) you irrevocably non-exclusively license to Indonesia Water Portal rights to exploit your Contributions; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Indonesia Water Portal under any circumstances.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicenseable license and right to access the Services, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or Indonesia Water Portal authorized application (but not through scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without the express written consent of Indonesia Water Portal or its Members), to view information and use the Services that we provide on Indonesia Water Portal webpages and in accordance with this Agreement. Any other use of Indonesia Water Portal contrary to our mission and purpose (such as seeking to connect to someone you do not know or trust, or to use information gathered from Indonesia Water Portal commercially unless expressly authorized by Indonesia Water Portal) is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in Indonesia Water Portal and all related items, including any and all copies made of the Indonesia Water Portal website.
4. OUR RIGHTS & OBLIGATIONS
4.1. Services Availability
For as long as Indonesia Water Portal continues to offer the Services, Indonesia Water Portal shall provide and seek to update, improve and expand the Services. As a result, we allow you to access Indonesia Water Portal as it may exist and be available on any given day and we have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue Indonesia Water Portal, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices prospectively for all or part of the Services for you or for all our Members in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on Indonesia Water Portal or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. Indonesia Water Portal further reserves the right to withhold, remove or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by Indonesia Water Portal to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, Indonesia Water Portal has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Members provide when using the Services.
4.2. Connections and Interactions with other Members
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. Indonesia Water Portal may limit the number of connections you may have to other Members and may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Users through use of the Services or otherwise limit your use of the Services. Indonesia Water Portal reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if Indonesia Water Portal determines, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce this Agreement.
4.3. Intellectual Property Notices
The Service includes the copyrights and Intellectual property rights of Indonesia Water Portal and except for the limited license granted to you in Section 3, Indonesia Water Portal reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Service. Indonesia Water Portal logos and other Indonesia Water Portal trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with Indonesia Water Portal are trademarks or registered trademarks of Indonesia Water Portal. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with Indonesia Water Portal may be the trademarks of their respective owners. This Agreement does not grant you any right or license with respect to any such trademarks and logos.
Some countries and jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied terms in contracts with consumers and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Do not rely on Indonesia Water Portal or its suppliers, any information therein, or its continuation. We provide the platform for Indonesia Water Portal and all information and services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Indonesia Water Portal does not control or vet user generated content for accuracy. We do not provide any express warranties or representations. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Indonesia Water Portal and its suppliers disclaim any and all implied warranties and representations, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, accuracy of data, and noninfringement. If you are dissatisfied or harmed by Indonesia Water Portal or anything related to Indonesia Water Portal, you may close your Indonesia Water Portal account and terminate this agreement in accordance with section 7 (“termination”) and such termination shall be your sole and exclusive remedy. Indonesia Water Portal is not responsible, and makes no representations or warranties for the delivery of any messages (such as inmails, posting of answers or transmission of any other user generated content) sent through Indonesia Water Portal to anyone. In addition, we neither warrant nor represent that your use of the service will not infringe the rights of third parties. Any material, service, or technology described or used on the website may be subject to intellectual property rights owned by third parties who have licensed such material, service, or technology to us. Indonesia Water Portal does not have any obligation to verify the identity of the persons subscribing to its services, nor does it have any obligation to monitor the use of its services by other users of the community; therefore, Indonesia Water Portal disclaims all liability for identity theft or any other misuse of your identity or information by others. Indonesia Water Portal does not guarantee that the services it provides will function without interruption or errors in functioning. In particular, the operation of the services may be interrupted due to maintenance, updates, or system or network failures. Indonesia Water Portal disclaims all liability for damages caused by any such interruption or errors in functioning. Furthermore, Indonesia Water Portal disclaims all liability for any malfunctioning, impossibility of access, or poor use conditions of the Indonesia Water Portal site due to inappropriate equipment, disturbances related to internet service providers, to the saturation of the internet network, and for any other reason.
6. Limitation of Liability
Limitation of liability. Some countries do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability in contracts with consumers and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Neither Indonesia Water Portal nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, suppliers, employees, shareholders, or directors (“Indonesia Water Portal Affiliates”) shall be iable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages or loss of use, profit, revenue or data to you or any third person arising from your use of the Service or any of the content or other materials on, accessed through or downloaded from Indonesia Water Portal. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between the parties and without it the terms and prices charged would be different. This limitation of liability shall:
- Apply regardless of whether (1) you base your claim on contract, tort, statute or any other legal theory, (2) we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or (3) the limited remedies provided in this section fail of their essential purpose; and
- Not apply to any damage that Indonesia Water Portal may cause you intentionally or knowingly in violation of this Agreement or applicable law, or as otherwise mandated by applicable law that cannot be disclaimed in this Agreement.
- Not apply if you have entered into a separate agreement to purchase Subscription Services with a separate Limitation of Liability provision that supersedes this section in relation to those Subscription Services.
7.1. Mutual rights of termination
You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to Indonesia Water Portal pursuant to Section 9.3. This notice will be effective upon Indonesia Water Portal processing your notice. Indonesia Water Portal may terminate this Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, only Indonesia Water Portal or the party paying for the services may terminate your access to any Subscription Services. Termination of your Indonesia Water Portal account includes disabling your access to Indonesia Water Portal and may also bar you from any future use of Indonesia Water Portal.
7.2. Misuse of the Services
Indonesia Water Portal may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any Member who abuses or misuses the Services. Misuse of the Services includes inviting other Members with whom you do not know to connect; abusing the Indonesia Water Portal messaging services; creating multiple or false profiles; using the Services commercially without Indonesia Water Portal’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, violating any of the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, or any other behavior that Indonesia Water Portal, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, Indonesia Water Portal has adopted a policy of terminating accounts of Members who, in Indonesia Water Portal’s sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Act.
7.3. Effect of Termination
Upon termination of your Indonesia Water Portal account, you lose access to the Services. The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination, except Section 3 (“Your Rights”) and Section 4.1. (“Our Rights and Obligations”).
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Agreement is governed by Dutch law. All disputes arising in connection with the present contract, or further contracts resulting therefrom, shall be finally settled in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute. The place of arbitration shall be the Netherlands.
9. AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT
We reserve the right to modify, supplement, or replace the terms of this Agreement, effective prospectively upon posting at www.Indonesia Water Portal.com or notifying you otherwise. For example, we may present a banner on the Services when we have amended this Agreement so that you may access and review the changes prior to your continued use of the site. If you do not want to agree to changes to this Agreement, you can terminate this Agreement at any time per Section 7 (Termination).
10. Indonesia Water Portal “DOS” AND “DON’TS”
As a condition to access Indonesia Water Portal, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
10.1. Do undertake the following:
1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
2. Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
3. Review and comply with notices sent by Indonesia Water Portal concerning the Services;
4. Use the Services in a professional manner; and
5. Use your real name on your profile.
10.2. Don’t undertake the following:
1. Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to Indonesia Water Portal;
2. Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the name field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
3. Create a Member profile for anyone other than a natural person;
4. Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using Indonesia Water Portal;
5. Upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo;
6. Use or attempt to use another's account or create a false identity on Indonesia Water Portal;
7. Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
a. Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or misrepresents your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
b. Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
c. Adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by Indonesia Water Portal);
d. Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
e. Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
f. Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using Indonesia Water Portal invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (b) using Indonesia Water Portal to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
g. Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of Indonesia Water Portal or any user of Indonesia Water Portal; or
h. Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services;
8. Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on Indonesia Water Portal (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in this Agreement, Indonesia Water Portal’s developer terms and policies, or as expressly authorized by Indonesia Water Portal;
9. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
10. Utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on or obtain from Indonesia Water Portal to provide any service that is competitive, in Indonesia Water Portal’s sole discretion, with Indonesia Water Portal;
11. Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Indonesia Water Portal unless you have entered into a written agreement with Indonesia Water Portal (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited Indonesia Water Portal trainer if you have not been certified by Indonesia Water Portal as such);
12. Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on Indonesia Water Portal or technology underlying the Services, or other Members’ content, in whole or part, except as permitted under Indonesia Water Portal’s developer program;
13. Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to Indonesia Water Portal or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
14. Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize a Indonesia Water Portal Group or any other service or functionality of Indonesia Water Portal, without the express written permission of Indonesia Water Portal;
15. Deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e. creating or posting a link to a Indonesia Water Portal web page other than Indonesia Water Portal’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by Indonesia Water Portal or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a Group on Indonesia Water Portal as set forth in the Brand Guidelines;
16. Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on Indonesia Water Portal, including those of both Indonesia Water Portal and any of its licensors;
17. Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on Indonesia Water Portal;
18. Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from Indonesia Water Portal except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
19. Share information of non- Members without their express consent;
20. Infringe or use Indonesia Water Portal’s brand, logos or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “Indonesia Water Portal” in any business name, email, or URL or including Indonesia Water Portal’s trademarks and logos except as provided in the Brand Guidelines or as expressly permitted by Indonesia Water Portal;
21. Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
22. Use bots or other automated methods to access Indonesia Water Portal, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other similar activities through Indonesia Water Portal, unless explicitly permitted by Indonesia Water Portal;
23. Access, via automated or manual means or processes, Indonesia Water Portal for purposes of monitoring Indonesia Water Portal’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
24. Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of Indonesia Water Portal’s website;
25. Attempt to or actually access Indonesia Water Portal by any means other than through the interfaces provided by Indonesia Water Portal such as its mobile application or by navigating to https://www.myIndonesia Water Portal.com using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access Indonesia Water Portal using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including Indonesia Water Portal;
26. Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying Indonesia Water Portal;
27. Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on Indonesia Water Portal’s infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Members or Indonesia Water Portal personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to Indonesia Water Portal, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on Indonesia Water Portal; and/or
28. Interfere or disrupt or game Indonesia Water Portal or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to Indonesia Water Portal, or Indonesia Water Portal's search algorithms.